Sometimes the most thrilling investments are ones that will disrupt society.
Disruptive investments—such as investments in transformational technologies that utilize applied artificial intelligence—oftentimes turn out in one of two ways. They can soar—like Apple or Microsoft—or they can tank.
Today’s guest, Jake Seid, says when downturn happens, you can’t lose your momentum. Sometimes the best companies are built after these downturns—don’t forget that.
Jake is the managing director at Stone Bridge Ventures. He’s a venture investor focused on investments around the Bay Area in California, but he also invests nationally. Generally, he focuses on investing in disruptive technologies.
This episode of the Investing in Florida Technology podcast explores Jake’s hits and misses in investing, how investors can add more than monetary value to the company and more.
Listen to Episode 3 “Keep Up Your Momentum” to hear Jake’s insights.
- How Jake first got involved in angel investing (2:30)
- Where Jake received strong investing mentorship early in his career (2:34)
- His biggest investment miss (5:19)
- The pros and cons of a founder and a founding team (8:24)
- How investors can add more than monetary value to the company (13:20)
- Why Jake is willing to take risks on technology (15:37)
- Exit strategies that make his ears perk up (18:57)
Listen to the Full Episode
Don't Miss an Episode
Listen to previous episodes of the Investing in Florida Technology podcast.
You can always hear the latest investing tips and insights by subscribing to the podcast on:
Ready to Become an Investor?
Register as an accredited investor to access material about each opportunity, including videos, presentations, deal terms, and more. Start here.