Florida Funders is proud to present our new podcast, Investing in Florida Technology. We recorded this episode with Alex Sink at the 2019 Synapse Summit in Tampa.
Alex is an accomplished woman with many career highlights, including serving as the Chief Financial Officer for the state of Florida, serving as the President of Florida Operations for Bank of America and running for governor of Florida.
She started her investing journey about 15 years ago. While she admits she is a risk-averse person, she commits to putting 10 percent of her investing income into opportunities and businesses she believes have bright futures.
Alex said she leaves the intricate parts of investing like the structures and paperwork to the Florida Funders team, freeing up time for her to analyze the CEO and determine if the business is scalable.
Listen to Episode 1 “To Risk, or Not to Risk” to hear more about Alex’s investment journey and gain valuable insights into investing in Florida.
- How Alex got involved in investing (3:32)
- The technology and business models that influence her investing habits (10:56)
- How to figure out what to invest in as a beginner (11:06)
- Deal sizes she looks for (13:46)
- How she manages if investments fall through (15:07)
- Her thoughts on pitch competitions (21:48)
- How involved she is with investments (23:33)
- What makes and breaks investment presentations (19:05)
- Why more women should become investors (25:16)
Don’t Miss an Episode
Listen to tips on investing in your car, in your home or anywhere else with your smartphone. Subscribe to the Investing in Florida Technology podcast on:
Ready to Become an Investor?
Register as an accredited investor to access material about each opportunity, including videos, presentations, deal terms, and more. Start here.