Oftentimes you trust your gut when deciding to put your finances, effort, and time into a company. In the early stages, you partner up with friends and family, and you choose your investments based on whether you like those people or not. But, as you move further down the spectrum, it becomes more science.
In today’s episode, Tom Wallace (Florida Funders Managing Partner) and Steve MacDonald discuss how to choose the companies investors want to be engaged with, and also, some of the red flags for angel investing.
Steven MacDonald is a serial entrepreneur who founded, among others, TechHealth and myMatrixx – the first web-enabled pharmacy benefits manager. The successful experiences in the entrepreneurial world led Steve into angel investing and now he is a Partner and a Board Member at Florida Funders and he helps find, fund, and build the next generation of technology companies in Florida.
So, listen to Episode 06 to learn from an expert in the field what are the rewards of angel investing and how you can actively be involved in the companies you want to support.
- Steve’s background in the business world. (01:54)
- The reasons angel investing is viewed as part art, part science. (06:03)
- What to look for, when considering to invest in a company. (10:27)
- Our processing power and Moore’s law – the two essential components that spin the wheel of technology advancement. (14:46)
- Steve’s favorite companies that he has invested in. (20:00)
Listen to the Full Episode
Don't Miss an Episode
Listen to previous episodes of the Investing in Florida Technology podcast.
You can always hear the latest investing tips and insights by subscribing to the podcast on:
Ready to Become an Investor?
Register as an accredited investor to access material about each opportunity, including videos, presentations, deal terms, and more. Start here.